The Genealogical Books Super Store is a part of BillCo Enterprises, which is owned and operated by Bill Utterback of Amarillo, Texas, a Certified Genealogist, and an active researcher for more than 45 years.
His experience has included:
- Working as a consultant to the National Archives and Records Administration in their Office of Presidential Libraries
- Hosting thirteen genealogical mail lists
- Awarded the Outstanding Service to Genealogy for Western Kentucky by the Kentucky Genealogical Society, of which he is a life member
- Member of many genealogical and historical associations, including the Association of Professional Genealogists, The National Genealogical Society, The Society of American Archivists, among others
- Commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by Kentucky Governor Paul Patton for his work in preserving Kentucky history and genealogy, and was recently awarded the Medal of Distinction by that organization
- Teaches Advanced Genealogy at a local college and gives seminars around the nation on various aspects of genealogical research, and has been an online instructor for AOL in years past.
- Operates a professional genealogical research practice, performing client work in his area of specialization(the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky as well as parts of Tennessee, Illinois and Missouri), and has given many hours of volunteer work over the years to genealogical causes. To find out more about his professional genealogical services click here: http://www.shopgbs.com/certified.php.
The Genealogical Books Super Store has been established to allow researchers the opportunity to obtain certain types of records which are difficult to find, due to lack of availability. In particular, this area includes unpublished county records, which are only currently available on microfilm, among other things. We will be digitizing these records from all over the nation, and making them available in electronic book (E-Book) format, as well as offering maps, both usual and unusual, and other genealogical materials. We have the Sandi Gorin genealogical books collection, covering south central Kentucky, available here, many items of which are, or will be, available in E-Book format at a substantial monetary savings. You will be able to subscribe to a newsletter which will enable you to learn instantly when new products are added to the collection.
This site is an ongoing endeavor, as more and more items are added to its offerings. We hope you will bookmark our address, and visit often. We look forward to serving you, and to hearing from you about records you may wish to see digitized. We are always open to requests and suggestions, and will do our best to meet your needs. Enjoy your visit to our site. We’re glad you are here.